Monday 16 January 2012

Get To Know - My Favourites

So you're probably wondering what types of comics I like and therefore what direction this blog is headed. Well to let readers know what they can expect, here is a selection of my favourite things in the world of comics:

Writers

Scott Snyder (Batman, American Vampire)
Mark Waid (Superman, Daredevil)
Jeph Loeb (Batman Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush)
Ed Brubaker (Captain America, Daredevil)
John Layman (Chew)
Frank Miller (Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Daredevil, before he went WAY off course basically)
Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, Superman, current DC work)

Artists

Tim Sale (Batman, Daredevil, Superman, Spider-Man, pretty much everything the man does)
Gary Frank (Superman)
John Romita Jr. (Daredevil, Spider-Man, Kick-Ass)
Frank Quitely (Batman & Robin, All Star Superman)
Jim Lee (Batman, Superman, Justice League)
Phil Noto (Superman, plus all the work on his amazing blog)


Characters


Batman
Superman
Daredevil
Spider-Man
Nightwing
Captain America
Tony Chu (Chew)
Invincible
The Rocketeer


Graphic Novels & Trade Paperbacks/ Collections



1) Batman: The Long Halloween
2) Daredevil: Yellow
3) Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
4) Superman: Secret Origin
5) Batman: Year One

Had to limit it to 5 or I'd be here all day...

So there you have it, pretty much all the standard superhero stuff. It's what I grew up with and it seems the 10 year old in me doesn't want to go away. I don't read much indie stuff but I've been known to branch out and away from the superhero stuff occasionally. If I've left out any areas of interest hit me up in the comments and I can add a bit more.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment